ISSA is the Community of choice for International Cybersecurity Professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members. Become A Member.
Computer Network Security
Securing People Connections
The Mission of the ISSA (Information System Security Association) is to promote management practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources. The ISSA facilitates interaction and education to create a more prosperous environment for global information systems security and the professionals involved. Members include practitioners at all levels of the security field in a broad range of industries such as communications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial, and government.
ISSA provides the following services to the Information Security Community:
- Promote the education and expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of information systems security and information data processing
- Encourage a free exchange of information security techniques, approaches, and problem-solving by its membersProvide communication to keep members abreast of current events in information processing and security, offering benefits to them and their employers
- Communicate to management, and to systems and information processing professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the secure organization and utilization of information processing resources
- Organize and provide conferences, local chapter meetings, and seminars that offer educational programs, training, and valuable networking opportunities
- Provide access to information through the ISSA website, ISSA Journal, monthly chapter meetings, careers services, and training opportunities
- Earn CPE credits by attending monthly chapter meetings, ISSA Conferences, and or serving as a Chapter or International Council Leader and subscribing to the ISSA Journal
- Offer opportunities for members to volunteer by joining committees, which provide leadership possibilities in the security industry
- Enhance professional stature and advance the profession by sharing your expertise as an event speaker or contributor to the ISSA Journal
- Community Outreach
- Under Section 501 (c) (6) of the 1954 Internal Revenue Code. The Chapter Bylaws direct the activities of the organization.
Securing the Future by Building Connections