Penetration Tester – Perm – Raleigh, NC. – $150,000 – $170,000
Our Client is seeking a Penetration Tester in Raleigh, NC.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Roles & Responsibilities
• A successful candidate needs to be highly collaborative in nature, ability to build strong partnerships and leverage relationships to help further mature security.
In this role, you will be responsible for independent reviews and penetration testing on cloud (AWS and Azure) and on-premises systems. Strong web-application testing experience is strongly preferred.
• This role will also be instrumental to identify vulnerabilities and gaps and make IT, R&D and the business aware of risks and issues identified to strengthen the overall security posture of the organization.
• Review Security policies, standards and technical controls related to infrastructure, application, database, cloud, network devices (Firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points) and participate in various security improvement/ optimization initiatives.]
• Be a ‘Trusted Advisor’ on Cybersecurity, Data Privacy and Infrastructure to the organization (e.g. IT, R&D, Security, Operations, etc.) and feedback/inputs frequently sought on these topics
• Continuously act as a Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Advocate within the organization, constantly helping to raise awareness, educate groups of risks and being proactive to help company protect against new threats
• Lead or participate in Cyber risk, Privacy and Intellectual Property (IP) Protection forums, participate in our Security Council meetings within company, with linkage to our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program
• Identify new Cybersecurity threats, risks and issues by performing hands-on reviews (e.g. pen tests) and making management aware to remediate these issues.
• Assist IA or Security team with Investigations related to Cybersecurity, Data Privacy or Infrastructure as necessary to identify root causes and provide suggestions on next steps and remediation’s required
• This individual will perform hands-on security reviews, network and infrastructure penetration testing (external and internal) based on approval from company and according to our audit plan to provide best practice advice and recommendations.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems business administration or related discipline is required
• CISSP, CISM certification required
• Prior experience in managing and auditing Cloud security and Third Parties
• Deep hands-on technical infrastructure and security experience, including but not limited to: Security Penetration Testing, Cloud systems, Oracle and SQL databases, Linux, UNIX, Windows operating systems, TCP/IP networks, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VPN, Wireless networks, etc.
• Knowledgeable of data interrogation tools (e.g. IDEA, ACL) or SQL
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, i.e. effective presentations to all levels of management up to and including Board and C-levels.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently with limited supervision
• Ability to effectively engage and communicate as directed with a variety of audiences both technical and non-technical staff.
• Must be able to explain complex systems and technical topics to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to process and analyze information and develop related action plan
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran.
In accordance with applicable federal and state law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays U.S. Corporation will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.