Firewall and Network Security Analyst
Role Value Proposition:
The Network Security Senior Analyst works to continuously improve MetLife’s cybersecurity posture by providing firewall and network device security subject matter expertise. This role will primarily manage and improve the process to ensure the network security environment is adequately secured and monitored. In addition to strong technical knowledge of firewalls, network architecture and other network devices, this role requires a high level of organization, excellent communication/collaboration skills with peers and all levels of management, and the ability to influence and to quickly re-prioritize and pivot as threats and objectives change.
- Act as primary subject matter expert for network security by supporting design, solutions, policies, and standards.
- Provide input on security policy and standards for all authorized network devices (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, routers, switches, wireless access points). Proactively identify and make recommendations on potential security issues and solutions.
- Devise a strategy and make recommendations for adequate boundary defense and optimal network device configuration and create effective and efficient monitoring strategies for unauthorized connections or communications
- Document, review and approve network device traffic configuration rules
- Responsible for helping create a firewall analytics and dashboarding process based on Splunk
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Candidate must have a combined minimum of 7 years hands on experience in the fields of IT and Cyber Security with a strong grasp of operational processes, IT general controls, security controls and vulnerability management
- Candidate must have experience working in complex, diverse and international environments and possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and influence team members and cross-functional teams and experience managing projects involving interdepartmental teams and external vendors / third parties
- Experience with Cisco routers, Palo Alto firewalls; Experience with AP’s and Wireless Controllers; Experience with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor and Network Configuration Manager; Ability to interpret PCAPs; Experience with BlueCoat, WAF; Familiar with CSC 11,12,15
- Ability to perform basic scripting to analyze and automate repeatable processes
- Relevant industry certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, CISM, CISSP, CISA, CCNA-Security, Security+, MCSE, GSEC, GIAC, PMP, LEAN and Six Sigma are desired
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com