Application Security Engineer
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align Technology, Inc. is seeking an Application Security Engineer in our Raleigh, NC location. The Application Security Engineer will be designing and maintaining software security in an agile environment: your mission is to ensure best-in-class application security and data protection for Align and its customers while enabling fast-paced innovation on desktop, cloud and mobile solutions. As an Application Security Engineer, you will be driving improvements in application security processes and tools for the entire Align source code base, ensuring adoption through training and team collaboration. Your innovation will be needed to build the global security maturity by working with development teams to produce more secure software out of the gate.
In this role, you will…
·Provide security training for developers and improve quality of training materials.
·On-board development teams to the static application security testing tools, and Bug Bounty programs, including reviewing and removal of False Positives, working with application team Security Champions.
·Scope, procure and oversee penetration testing of mobile and cloud applications.
- Provide Leadership to build a mature security culture and enhance existing Security Champion program and increase Security education and challenge coin participation.
- Develop stronger relationships of trust with the application teams and build stronger team global unity.
- Cross-train with security partners, such as GRC and Operations teams.
- Formulate testing and training procedures for developers.
- Provide security training for developers and improve quality of training materials.
- Serve as subject matter expert on application security technologies and methodologies.
In this role, you’ll need …
·Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
·5+ years of security experience in device, fabrication or software security.
·2+ years’ experience with researching and implementation of new security technologies and processes.
·Candidate should have experience making and defending sound technical arguments that incorporate relevant technical and business considerations, and building consensus among stakeholders.
Nice to have/Optional
- Willingness and ability to earn a certification from one of the following organizations: SANS – GIAC, ISC2 – CSSLP or CISSP, EC Council – CEH, CASE (having one of these even better).
- Mobile Application Security on iOS and/or Android devices; includes experience in secure development of applications and/or analysis.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience in implementing DevSecOps (enabling security in DevOps).
- Knowledge/hands-on experiences of AWS or other cloud hosting fundamentals and security a plus.
- Providing software architecture security guidance, including developing application threat models.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%, including international, to visit offices in Russia, Israel, Mexico, and California.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.