As a security architect in the product security office you will be a key contributor to software security design efforts across Research and Development. Successful candidates must solve complex technical problems, work closely with engineering teams, and communicate clearly and effectively to technical audiences. This position requires a diverse set of skills in application security, software development and systems architecture. Your success will depend on your cooperative skills in working with R&D architecture and engineering teams across SAS.
What you’ll do
- Assess system architectures and define resilient security architecture based on industry standards and guidelines
- Ensure that containerized versions of SAS software follow security best practices and hardening guidelines
- Provide software security guidance and requirements for engineering teams developing cloud-native applications
- Provide in-depth technical analysis and remediation options for identified product security issues
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity or related field
- Three years of experience in professional software development
- Experience with web applications, cloud-native architectures and container technologies
- Experience with security design in large software systems
- Strong knowledge of industry standards for application security
- Understanding of application security risks, common vulnerabilities found in software and remediation techniques
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Nice to haves
- Security-related certifications such as CSSLP, CISSP, CCSP CEH, OSCP, CISA or other relevant
- Familiarity with software security models such as BSIMM or OWASP SAMM
- Experience with threat modeling, penetration testing and application security tools
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery pipelines
- Experience with DevOps methodologies
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To apply for this job please visit careers-sas.icims.com.