- This event has passed.
Intellectual Property Mini-Con
November 4, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm$10
The IP Mini-Con is a half-day event with workshops, lunch, and a variety of performances by community members from NCCU, Durham, and the NCCU Vocal Jazz Ensemble.
The seminars will bring meaningful information about Intellectual Property laws, resources, and strategies to students, artists, writers, musicians, performers, inventors, and entrepreneurs in the NCCU and Durham communities.
The performances showcase NCCU and Durham talents, including a feature performance from the NCCU Jazz Studies Program’s Ensemble & a music-technology experience from Moogfest!
During the event, we also will have a community art gallery displaying the art works of students and local artists. This event is free for students and $10 for the general public, with lunch included if you register by October 22, 2017.
The IP Mini-Con Event Program is as follows:
Registration: 9:00am – 10:00am
Welcome Session: 10:00am – 10:15am
Session 1: 10:15am – 11:15am
The following topics will be presented concurrently during Session 1:
- Copyrights for Artists, Writers, Musicians, & Performers
- Cryptocurrency and Cybersecurity
- Inventorship & Patent Requirements for Science & Technology
- Trademarks & Branding for Business Owners
Session 2: 11:30am – 12:30pm
The following topics will be presented concurrently during Session 2:
- Patents, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Start-ups in the Trenches: Funding & Commercializing Your Business
- Monetizing Your Copyright: Music & Art Licensing
Lunch Refreshments Available: 12:30pm – 2:00pm
Variety Entertainment Performance: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Closing Remarks: 3:00pm – 3:15pm