2018 ISSA International Fellow Cycle is open for nominations
Thank you for your interest in the ISSA Fellows Program. The Fellows Program recognizes sustained membership and contributions to the profession. No more than 1% of members may hold Distinguished Fellow status at any given time. The fellow status will be limited to a maximum of 2% of the membership.
Our 2017 cycle closed on July 10, 2017. Following the application period, there will be a ten week review period followed by the notification and presentation process. Fellows and
Nominations and applications are accepted on an annual cycle. The 2018 Fellows Cycle opened on September 1, 2017, and applications will be accepted until March 23, 2018.
Familiarize yourself with the Fellow Program, and the submission guidelines. If you have questions, contact The Fellow Manager or call 866 349 5818 (US toll-free) extension 4082.
Congratulations to ISSA International 2017 Cycle Recipients!
- Rhonda Farrell
- Henry Moreno
- Wayne Proctor
- Michael F. Angelo
- Steve Chan
- Denis Darveau
- Scott Frisch
- Michael Makstman
- Larry Moore
Become a Senior Member
Senior Member Qualifications
Any member can achieve Senior Member status, the first step in the Fellow Program. What are the criteria?
- Five years of ISSA membership
- Ten years relevant professional experience
- All Senior Member applications require an endorsement from their home chapter to qualify. Senior Member candidates are responsible for soliciting an endorsement for their application.
- For your convenience, please feel free to use this Senior Member Application Check-list to confirm eligibility and completion of application
- Submit your application for Senior Member
- Submit an endorsement on behalf of a Senior Member candidate
Fellow and Distinguished Fellow
Have you led an information security team or project for five or more years? Do you have at least eight years of ISSA membership and served for three years in a leadership role (as a chapter officer or Board member or in an International role)? You may be eligible to become an ISSA Fellow or Distinguished Fellow. Please consult the Fellow Program Guidelines and use the current forms to ensure you comply with all requirements.
- Eight years of association membership
- 12 person-years of relevant professional experience
- Three years of volunteer leadership in the association
- Five years of significant performance in the profession such as substantial job responsibilities in leading a team or project, performing research with some measure of success or faculty developing and teaching courses
- All Fellow applications require a nomination to qualify. Fellow candidates are responsible for soliciting a submission for their application.
- For your convenience, please feel free to use this Fellow Application Check-list to confirm eligibility and completion of application
Fellow Application Forms
- Submit your application for Fellow
- Submit a nomination on behalf of a Fellow candidate
- Submit a letter of recommendation on behalf of a Fellow candidate
Distinguished Fellow Qualifications
- 12 years association membership
- 16 person-years of relevant professional experience
- Five years of sustained volunteer leadership in the association
- Ten years of documented exceptional service to the security community and a significant contribution to security posture or capability
- All Distinguished Fellow applications require a nomination to qualify. Distinguished Fellow candidates are responsible for soliciting a submission for their application.
- For your convenience, please feel free to use this Distinguished Fellow Application Check-list to confirm eligibility and completion of application
New OWASP Top 10 Items – 2017 presented by DirectDefensePrevious
Wendy Gates CorbettNext